How To Search By Image
Quite often we happen to come across pictures about which we know nothing about. And we often try to find out more about that or those pictures. But how does one do that? Well, it’s quite simple you just have to do an image search. And how to search by image?
Image search is basically searching for information with the help of an image, it’s also known as Reverse Image Search. For example. when we search something on a browser, we use a word or a catchphrase or a sentence to carry out the search and in image search, you just have to use an image instead of a word. Here are a few easy ways to carry out an image search.
How To Search By Image:
Here I have provided some methods by following which you can quite easily carry out an image search. The methods are quite easy to follow.
By Using Google Lens:
Google Lens is quite a useful feature or App that has been developed by Google and this is very handy when it comes to searching by image. To use this you need to follow the steps provided below.
If you are using an Android phone or iPhone/iPad then follow these steps.
- First of all, open the Google App, and at the bottom of the app, tap on updates.
- On the bottom left, you tap on Google Lens.
- Now, you can either take a photo or you can even upload a photo from your Gallery and search accordingly.
And that’s what you need to od if you want to use search for an image using Google Lens.
Using Google Images:
Google Images is another fantastic feature that is provided by Google. So, you can use this to search by using images on your PC’s.
- Open your browser and go to Google Images.
- Now, you are required to click on Search By Image.
- After that, you can either upload the image or drag-and-drop it.
How To Reverse Image Search:
Reverse Image search is basically the same as Google Images. You just have to drag and drop the images in the search bar and hit enter. Here are a few ways to do that on different search engines.
On Google (Mobile):
- The first that you need to do after Opening Google Chrome is tap on the THREE DOTS, at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- A menu will appear before you and from that tap on REQUEST DESKTOP SITE.
- Now, a regular Google Chrome Desktop Homepage will appear and just by the side of the search bar you will find , Tap on that.
- After that, you need to upload the image that you want to use from the gallery and that would be all.
The steps on bing are just as similar to that of Google.
- Open Bing and tap on IMAGES.
- On the right end of the search bar, you will find . Click on that.
- Now, upload the image to that and hit search.
So, this is how you need to do a reverse image search. But that is not all, there are several other Third-party image search engines. Among these, TinEye and Yandex are the most used.
There are several other apps as well, that will help you in doing a reverse image search. Reversee, Search By Image, Veracity are some of the apps that can be used to carry out a Reverse Image search. These apps are available for free on the App Store and the Google Play Store.