How to Fix iPhone/iPad Not Charging
So, you just bought a new iPhone, and after using it for a few months, the phone doesn’t seem to charge out of the blue! How would that make you feel? Quite angry, Right? Well, who wouldn’t! But there is no need to go all bonkers, just check the solutions that have been provided below.
How to Fix iPhone/iPad Not Charging Issue?
The solutions that have been mentioned here are quite easy to follow. I hope that these solutions would be of help in solving the Issue instantly.
Restarting your device is always a great option. Most issues on our Smartphones get solved by just restarting the device. But how do to restart an iPhone? Well, the steps are quite easy, just check them below.
- Hold the Wake/Sleep button. Now, if it’s an iPhone 6S or an older model, then hold the Home Button and if it’s an iPhone 7 or above, then press and hold the Volume Down button along with the Wake/Sleep Button.
- Just keep holding it until the device turns off, and the Apple logo re-appears again.
The next one is checking the charging cable that you are using. 7out of 10 problems are just solved by changing the iPhone cables. Most of the iPhone cables get torn, or an internal wire gets detached, and this makes the cables not work. So it’s better to try out another cable before declaring that your device is gone for good.
Another issue that is quite similar to the charger cable issue is the Outlets or Ports. An outlet may stop working after being used for several times or not being used at all for quite a long time. Sometimes it also happens that the outlet has experienced some electrical issues and or there might be tons of such kinds of issues. So isn’t it better to just check the Outlets?
If the above three were not able to fix the issue of your phone, then this one will surely fix the issue. For this, you just need to restore your iTunes. Well, if you don’t know about how to make a backup and restore your device, then you can simply follow the steps that have been provided below.
- First of all, connect your device to iTunes by a cable and open iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Now, you need to click on Device and then click on Backup.
- After that, you should wait for the backup to complete.
- And after the completion, click on restore, and your phone would be restored to its old glory.
Going to an Apple store is the final option. Since you have tried all the above, it means that this is not a minor issue, nor is it a software problem. So what it can be is a hardware issue, and that is way above your pay grade. It’s better to leave that work to the professionals.
Well, these are all the solutions that you can use if your iPhone/iPad is not charging. My suggestion would be to try out the solutions one after the other, and if nothing pans out, then you should go to the Apple Store. So for any further queries, do leave a comment down below.